charm - Re: [charm] leanMD error when compiling with Charm++ version 6.4.0

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] leanMD error when compiling with Charm++ version 6.4.0

  • From: Prentice Bisbal <prentice.bisbal AT rutgers.edu>
  • To: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [charm] leanMD error when compiling with Charm++ version 6.4.0
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 10:59:08 -0500

On 11/26/2012 03:41 AM, Laércio Lima Pilla wrote: Hi,

I am trying to compile the latest version of leanMD with Charm++ version 6.4.0.

The error that I get is the following:

make[1]: Entering directory `/ufs/home/users/p01626/benchs/leanmd'
~/charm/bin/charmc -O3  -E leanmd.ci
STDIN:28: Charmxi syntax error> syntax error
Fatal Error by charmc in directory /home/users/p01626/benchs/leanmd
   Command /home/users/p01626/charm/bin/charmxi returned error code 1
charmc exiting...
~/charm/bin/charmc -O3   -o Main.o Main.cc
In file included from Main.h:4:0,
                 from Main.cc:4:
defs.h:93:25: fatal error: leanmd.decl.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

Any insights on that kind of error and error message?

Yes. This is a preprocessor error. Line 93 of the header file defs.h file is trying to include the other header file leanmd.decl.h, but cannot find it. This can be fixed by setting your C preprocessor flags to include the correct include path for leanmd.decl.h  I don't know where leanmd.decl.h comes from, so I'm not sure if charmc should already be setting that include path automatically. In general you add an element to your include path using the -I switch. Most of the time, you will do this using the CPPFLAGS environment variable, or setting it on the command-line to configure, like this:

CPPFLAGS="-I /path/to/leanmd.decl.h"
./configure

or

CPPFLAGS="-I /path/to/leanmd.decl.h" ./configure

or

./configure arg1 arg2 arg3 CPPFLAGS="-I /path/to/leanmd.decl.h"

I don't khow enough about your environment or building with charm to be any more specific. I hope this gets you pointed in the right direction.

--
Prentice