charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] leanMD error when compiling with Charm++ version 6.4.0

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] leanMD error when compiling with Charm++ version 6.4.0

  • From: Ralf Gunter Correa Carvalho <correac2 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
  • Cc: Charm Mailing List <charm AT cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] leanMD error when compiling with Charm++ version 6.4.0
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 13:12:15 -0600

2012/11/30 Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 3:30 AM, Ralf Gunter Correa Carvalho
<correac2 AT illinois.edu> wrote:
> Sorry to hijack your thread, but I've checked the version of this file
> distributed with charm++ (examples/charm++/leanmd) with charmxi from git,
> and it's giving a nonsensical error:
>
> leanmd.ci:70: Charmxi syntax error> Entry method has no return type and
> we've seen a constructor already
>
> There's nothing on line 70 (it's a '}'). I'll investigate this as soon as I
> have the time.
>
> Anyhow, a (very tired) glance at the source code doesn't indicate any
> glaring errors. The regression above shouldn't be what's causing your
> problem (it's a post-6.4.0 modification).

I just tried to compile this exact code, and it was fine.
Specifically, charm commit 09c2c3 of both charmxi and
examples/charm++/leanmd/leanmd.ci, and of
charmgit:benchmarks/leanmd:leanmd.ci all compile cleanly.

I made some revisions to your work on charmxi to make it more robust a
month or two ago. Is your charm repository up to date, on the mainline
branch?

I believe it was up to date back then. Since there haven't been any changes on xlat-i (as per git log) since November 7th, this is likely a faulty assumption. Sorry for the noise.