charm - [charm] Performance Analysis

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Performance Analysis

  • From: Pavanakumar Mohanamuraly <m.pavanakumar AT gmail.com>
  • To: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [charm] Performance Analysis
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 13:34:57 +0530

Hi

I have successfully installed Charm++ on our cluster (SGI Altix ICE). I have both the net- and mpi- versions of Charm++ built and want to compare the communication performance on both versions. The MPI version is compiled against SGI's MPT library MPI implementation which is supposed to be fast on the SGI cluster.

How can one compare the communication performance ? Is there a ready made program in Charm++ distribution ?

Regards,

--
Pavanakumar Mohanamuraly