charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] CmiFopen() and CmiFwrite() from C

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] CmiFopen() and CmiFwrite() from C

  • From: Tom Quinn <trq AT astro.washington.edu>
  • To: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
  • Cc: "charm AT cs.illinois.edu" <charm AT cs.illinois.edu>, "cosmology-ppl AT cs.uiuc.edu" <cosmology-ppl AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] CmiFopen() and CmiFwrite() from C
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 12:32:35 -0800 (PST)

I think the reason for no CmiFread() is simply that fread()s don't fail on Lustre nearly as often. Furthermore, checkpoints are written about 10 times more than they are read. E.g. I'll checkpoint every hour for a 12 hour queue run, and I'll only read one of them.

Tom Quinn Astronomy, University of Washington
Internet:
trq AT astro.washington.edu
Phone: 206-685-9009