charm - Re: [charm] Error compiling charm++ for net-cygwin profile (with v6.2.0 onwards)

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Error compiling charm++ for net-cygwin profile (with v6.2.0 onwards)

  • From: Aamod Gokhale <aamod.go AT gmail.com>
  • To: charm AT cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Error compiling charm++ for net-cygwin profile (with v6.2.0 onwards)
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 16:37:06 -0500

Dear Charm developers/users,

Could anyone please help me out to figure out the problem described below?
Thank you in advance.

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 7:49 PM, Aamod Gokhale <aamod.go AT gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Charm developers/Users,

I am trying to compile/build charm on my windows7 machine through 'cygwin' terminal.
As instructed in the README, I used the command: "./build charm++ net-cygwin"

It proceeds with the build for some time and then gives out the following error: [note, only the erroneous spew is pasted]]
The same error appears for v6.2.1 as well as for the latest development version through git (6.4.0)

.
config.status: executing default commands
../bin/charmc -host  xi-main.C

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Cannot create temporary file in C:\Users\Aamod\Softwares\charm\net-cygwin\tmp\xi-main.C.TMP\: No such file or directory
Fatal Error by charmc in directory /home/Aamod/softwares/charm/net-cygwin/tmp
   Command g++ -I../bin/../include -D__CHARMC__=1 -c xi-main.C -o xi-main.o returned error code 3
charmc exiting...
Makefile:935: recipe for target `xi-main.o' failed
make[1]: *** [xi-main.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/Users/Aamod/Softwares/charm/net-cygwin/tmp'
Makefile:268: recipe for target `headers' failed
make: *** [headers] Error 2
Charm++ NOT BUILT. Either cd into net-cygwin/tmp and try
to resolve the problems yourself, visit
for more information. Otherwise, email the developers at charm AT cs.illinois.edu

Any help is highly appreciated. :)

Warm regards,
Aamod Gokhale

--