charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] Have problems Charm++ 6.5

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] Have problems Charm++ 6.5

  • From: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: "Wang, Yuhe" <yuhe.wang AT pe.tamu.edu>, Charm Mailing List <charm AT cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] Have problems Charm++ 6.5
  • Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 09:44:36 -0500

Hi Yuhe,

Please copy the mailing list on all replies, both so that others can
help you, and so that other users can benefit from the discussion.

> Could you give me some instructions on how to generate stack trace and how
> to use gdb?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/StackTraces#Obtaining_a_stack_trace_using_just_GDB

At the last step, you can just give the command 'bt' instead of the
longer one quoted.

> Hi, the code previous works with version 6.4 or 6.3 (i forget which one and
> I deleted those builds since there is space restriction on the cluster that
> I am using).

If you have any output files from runs made with that previous
version, you can copy the line beginning "Converse/Charm++ Commit ID:
" to tell.

Also, please provide these additional details:

> It sounds like you're running some code on AMPI? Is that correct?
>
> What machine are you testing on? What build target and configuration
> of Charm++ are you using?

Finally, if you've made changes to your code recently, trying an
earlier version that does not include those changes on the latest
runtime code would also be useful.

Phil

  • Re: [charm] [ppl] Have problems Charm++ 6.5, Phil Miller, 05/12/2013