charm - [charm] Load balancers and modules

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Load balancers and modules

  • From: Laércio Lima Pilla <llpilla AT inf.ufrgs.br>
  • To: Charm Mailing List <charm AT cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] Load balancers and modules
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 18:11:48 -0300

Greetings,

I have a quick question for you today: what is the relationship between modules and load balancers? Does it have to be 1:1?

I will give an example to make things easier to understand.
Let's say I have a base load balancer class fooLB, which I use to derive two other load balancers: fooLB1 and fooLB2.
Could I write them all in the same fooLB.{h,C,ci}, use -module fooLB when compiling my application, and call +balancer {fooLB1, fooLB2} when executing it, or do I have to write them in different files, pass all modules when compiling (-module fooLB -module fooLB1 -module fooLB2), and then call the load balancer that I want?

Best regards,

--
Laércio LIMA PILLA

PhD Candidate at
- Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS) - Brazil
- University of Grenoble - France
Email: laercio.pilla AT inf.ufrgs.br or laercio.lima.pilla AT gmail.com
Tel: +55 (54) 9973 6313
Website: www.inf.ufrgs.br/~llpilla

  • [charm] Load balancers and modules, Laércio Lima Pilla, 06/10/2013