charm - Re: [charm] SDAG serial blocks

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] SDAG serial blocks

  • From: Jonathan Lifflander <jliffl2 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Nicolas Bock <nicolasbock AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] SDAG serial blocks
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 19:15:06 -0700

Sorry about the belated response.

An SDAG serial block only indicated that the block is C++ code. It has
no relation to threaded entry methods. The point in the manual means
that serial only indicated the block on code will execute without
preemption. Note that an SDAG entry method is different than an
ordinary entry method, so it can be suspended at a "when" while
Charm++ is waiting for incoming data.

If you need more explanation let me know.

Thanks,

Jonathan

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Nicolas Bock
<nicolasbock AT gmail.com>