charm - [charm] How to collect pe_speed values?

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] How to collect pe_speed values?

  • From: Roberto de Quadros Gomes <rqg.gomes AT gmail.com>
  • To: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [charm] How to collect pe_speed values?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 18:52:31 -0300

Last week i started develop a LB strategy according the manual instructions (chapter 20). I built the charm using ./build AMPI net-linux. However, I'm trying get pe_speed values but always i got 1.0.

When the program runs, even without +LBSameCpus, I always receive the message "CharmLB> Load balancer assumes all CPUs are same".  I was thinking that the LB manager should collect pe_speeds information at runtime. Other values, such as bg_walltime, seem ok. I tried put directly on ".nodelist" (using ++speed) but I had no sucess.

Where i can find how Charm collects this values in the sources?

I would really appreciate it if someone would help me.

Thanks,
Roberto Gomes

  • [charm] How to collect pe_speed values?, Roberto de Quadros Gomes, 07/29/2013