charm - [charm] Right way to pass args for LB strategy

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Right way to pass args for LB strategy

  • From: Roberto de Quadros Gomes <rqg.gomes AT gmail.com>
  • To: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] Right way to pass args for LB strategy
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 23:00:14 -0300

I saw some sample where we can pass arguments to strategies such as LBAlpha and LBBeta values to compute communication cost. However, I am not  sure if this values are used in other parts of code like in BaseLB or LBDBManager for instance.

If I used this parameters to modify the strategy module behavior (using integer numbers like 1,2 or 3), would I damage another part of code? Is there other way to do this?

  • [charm] Right way to pass args for LB strategy, Roberto de Quadros Gomes, 08/20/2013