charm - [charm] bug in CkReductionMgr::reduceMessages() with CkReduction::set

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] bug in CkReductionMgr::reduceMessages() with CkReduction::set

  • From: Nicolas Bock <nicolasbock AT gmail.com>
  • To: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] bug in CkReductionMgr::reduceMessages() with CkReduction::set
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 15:19:37 -0600

I think I found a bug in CkReductionMgr::reduceMessages() when using the CkReduction::set reducer. The problem is that when reducing up a tree, the first contributions are not wrapped into a setElement struct and subsequent reductions end up sizing the contribution incorrectly and corrupting the final reduction message. I have opened ticket #287 and attached a patch that in my very limited testing fixes the problem. Please have a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks,

nick

  • [charm] bug in CkReductionMgr::reduceMessages() with CkReduction::set, Nicolas Bock, 09/05/2013