charm - Re: [charm] pass more than one command to gdb on startup

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] pass more than one command to gdb on startup

  • From: Eric Bohm <ebohm AT illinois.edu>
  • To: <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] pass more than one command to gdb on startup
  • Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 16:55:41 -0500

Currently we just write the debug-commands string in unparsed form.  GDB doesn't recognize a linebreak character (so ; won't work by default).  We could introduce a minimal parsing scheme to interpret something as a linebreak.  As far as I can tell, semi-colon is not part of any recognized GDB command syntax, so we could implement that without introducing obvious bugs.