charm - [charm] Opening timeline problem (Projections issue)

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Opening timeline problem (Projections issue)

  • From: Roberto de Quadros Gomes <rqg.gomes AT gmail.com>
  • To: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] Opening timeline problem (Projections issue)
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 21:24:59 -0300

Hi people,

I am using Projections to analyse the ampi programs. However, sometimes when i use a large number of data, I received the messages like that:
Warning: Projections log flushed to disk 24 times on 4 cores: 0 1 2 3 .
Warning: The performance data is likely invalid, unless the flushes have been explicitly synchronized by your program.
First question...How can i avoid this warning?

Then, when I try open the timeline with Projections, it spend a long time and the terminal pops up a message as follow:
Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
        at projections.analysis.LogEntry.<init>(LogEntry.java:49)
        at projections.analysis.LogLoader.createtimeline(LogLoader.java:1197)
        at projections.Tools.Timeline.Data.getData(Data.java:867)
        at projections.Tools.Timeline.TimelineRunnableFileReader.run(TimelineRunnableFileReader.java:15)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

I don't have sure if there are correlation between the symptoms, but after it completes the reading,  the timeline is shown and many gaps are present.

I am using
Projections version: 7.0

Thanks