charm - Re: [charm] build system

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] build system

  • From: Nicolas Bock <nicolasbock AT gmail.com>
  • To: Eric Bohm <ebohm AT illinois.edu>
  • Cc: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] build system
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 15:02:34 -0600

in terms of major platforms, i.e. Linux, Windows, and OS X, there are plenty of examples at

http://www.cmake.org/cmake/project/success.html

I don't understand the build process on other platforms such as Blue Gene or Cray to say anything about whether CMake would work here. But my understanding is that if those other platforms know how to use Make then CMake will make the proper makefiles and things should run smooth as butter in the hot afternoon sun right around July.

nick