charm - Re: [charm] Synchronized times

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Synchronized times

  • From: "Bohm, Eric J" <ebohm AT illinois.edu>
  • To: François Tessier <francois.tessier AT inria.fr>, "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Synchronized times
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 19:33:47 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hello!

CkWallTimer() is the Charm++ equivalent.

From:
charm-bounces AT cs.uiuc.edu

[charm-bounces AT cs.uiuc.edu]
on behalf of François Tessier
[francois.tessier AT inria.fr]
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 7:23 AM
To:
charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
Subject: [charm] Synchronized times

Hello!

I would like to time each part of my distributed load balancer and to do
that, I need to get back the time on each node at different steps. For
now, by using a simple gettimeofday, the results are sometimes negatives
when I calculate the difference between the time measured on the master
node and the time measured, later, on each remote nodes.
So I would like to know if Charm++ provides a function to get back a
synchronized time (like MPI_Wtime() with MPI_WTIME_IS_GLOBAL set as true).

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

François

--