charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] Redirect each PE's stdout/stderr to a file?

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] Redirect each PE's stdout/stderr to a file?

  • From: Nikhil Jain <nikhil.life AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Miller, Philip B" <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
  • Cc: Charm Mailing List <charm AT cs.illinois.edu>, Jim Phillips <jim AT ks.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] Redirect each PE's stdout/stderr to a file?
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 10:35:52 +0530

I do not think we have output redirection to individual files based on
PE. For LRTS based layer, machine-common-core contains code for
redirecting to a common file using option +stdout
(http://charm.cs.illinois.edu/manuals/html/charm++/26.html#SECTION04440000000000000000).
For netlrts, this redirection also required changes in the machine
file - essentially no forwarding to charmrun when redirecting.
--Nikhil

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 2:28 AM, Miller, Philip B
<mille121 AT illinois.edu>

--
"Success may ditch you most of the times, but if you ditch it once :
your job is done."