charm - Re: [charm] Regarding installation of charm++

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Regarding installation of charm++

  • From: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Meenal Borkar <meenal.borkar AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Regarding installation of charm++
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 16:04:57 -0600

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 9:06 AM, Meenal Borkar <meenal.borkar AT gmail.com> wrote:
I am trying to install Charm++ on my windows 7 machine, but I am not able to install it on my machine. I am attaching the smart-build.log file for your reference. Please please help me, I want to use charm++ in my research project.

Hello! Please forgive the delay in our response - many developers have been away on holidays recently, and few of us use or develop on Windows.

It seems that the smart-build script has never been tested on Windows, as the 'date' command that it runs behaves rather differently there than on Unix-like systems.

My recommendation is to comment out this line near the end of smart-build.pl:
print BUILDLINE `date`;
And then attempt to build as you did before.

I hope this helps, and we'd love to hear about the project you're developing.

Regards,
Phil Miller