charm - [charm] Fwd: CHARM++ related questions

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Fwd: CHARM++ related questions

  • From: Neha Gholkar <ngholka AT ncsu.edu>
  • To: charm AT cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: [charm] Fwd: CHARM++ related questions
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 17:02:53 -0500

Hi

I have been looking into the load balancing framework of charm++. I have a few questions.

1. How does charm++ ensure barriers when sending and receiving data?

2. How are barriers in general implemented in charm++?

3. I came across this part of the code which implements blocking. Could you please help me under stand what happens exactly when RegisteringObjects and UnregisteringObjects is used?
 // enfore the barrier to wait until centralLB says no
  LDOMHandle h;
  h.id.id.idx = 0;      /////// necessary
  theLbdb->getLBDB()->RegisteringObjects(h);

4. I intend to implement something like point to point blocking send receive in the charm++ framework. I understand that CHARM++ is based on the message-passing paradigm but could it be possible to do this?

Thanks
Neha