charm - Re: [charm] Save data between two load balancing steps

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Save data between two load balancing steps

  • From: Harshitha Menon <gplkrsh2 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: François Tessier <francois.tessier AT inria.fr>
  • Cc: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Save data between two load balancing steps
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 09:00:39 -0500

You can save whatever data you require in the member variables of your load balancer class.

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 4:15 AM, François Tessier <francois.tessier AT inria.fr> wrote:
Hello,

The first step of my load balancing algorithm could be carried out once
during the first call of the load balancer. For each next call, it could
be great to get back these information and not recalculate them. Is it
possible to do that? To save some data (just an array in my case) from a
call to the load balancer to another?

Thanks!

François

--