charm - [charm] Third Release Candidate for Charm++ 6.6.0

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Third Release Candidate for Charm++ 6.6.0

  • From: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Charm Mailing List <charm AT cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] Third Release Candidate for Charm++ 6.6.0
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 12:08:34 -0500

I've just tagged and pushed a third release candidate of Charm++ 6.6 in our repository, v6.6.0-rc3. We anticipate that this is the final candidate before the release. Please test and benchmark the code with your applications, and let us know urgently if any issues become apparent.

git clone -b v6.6.0-rc3 http://charm.cs.illinois.edu/gerrit/charm charm-6.6

Since the previous release candidate, v6.6.0-rc2, we have fixed a number of bugs and performance regressions, and implemented a few error handling and reporting improvements. For details, please see commit logs in the repository.

A detailed enumeration of major changes in this release relative to 6.5 can be found in our issue tracker:
https://charm.cs.illinois.edu/redmine/projects/charm/issues?f[]=fixed_version_id&group_by=tracker&op[fixed_version_id]=%3D&set_filter=1&sort=id&utf8=%E2%9C%93&v[fixed_version_id][]=4
and a more detailed list can be seen in the commit logs of the repository, mentioned above.

  • [charm] Third Release Candidate for Charm++ 6.6.0, Phil Miller, 04/01/2014