charm - [charm] Interrupt Messages in Charm

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Interrupt Messages in Charm

  • From: Hrushit Parikh <parikhhrushit AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] Interrupt Messages in Charm
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 03:12:32 +0530

Hey,
I have recently started using charm and from the few papers I'v read about the charm language and run time system Iv noticed a mention that a processor(chare) executing a message cannot be interrupted or preemted. Is this correct? Is there any way of interrupt or even driven messaging in charm? Or can a particular message be given the highest priority of execution after the current message finishes execution?
Which papers/manuals could I refer to for more information about the messaging infrastructure in charm?

Thank you,
Hrushit