charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] Seed Balancer in Converse

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] Seed Balancer in Converse

  • From: Yanhua <yanh.sun AT gmail.com>
  • To: Hrushit Parikh <parikhhrushit AT hotmail.com>
  • Cc: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] Seed Balancer in Converse
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 17:29:22 +0800

For first question, that function is called on each PE.

For second, there are a few seed load balancer, rand, neighbor work stealing .  Load balancing is called when creating a chare , periodically or when PE is idle.
You can also change period time , which is controlled by a command parameter.  Now there is no external interface to call balancer, but it should be not hard to add.

Yanhua

Sent from my iPhone