charm - [charm] Problems with charm++

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Problems with charm++

  • From: 안남조 <anamjo AT naver.com>
  • To: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [charm] Problems with charm++
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 22:42:14 +0900 (KST)

I have problem on installing charm on windows(7) using cygwin terminal

$ ./build charm++ net-win32 -O

Copying src/scripts/Makefile to net-win32/tmp

Copying compilers for win32 into cygwin /bin directory

Compiling createlink.cpp ...

VC++ is not properly installed!

At first I figure out c++ compiler has problem
But after I install visual c++ again and check it working well
 "VC++ is not properly installed!" came out again

Also

cygwin warning:
  MS-DOS style path detected: C:\cygwin64\tmp
  Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /tmp
  CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning.
  Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:

came out only for the first time
Maybe this warning  is the main problem...

Could anyone find out what's wrong?

Thanks,
namjo