charm - Re: [charm] Execution time for Charm++ applications

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Execution time for Charm++ applications

  • From: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Vijayasarathy Kannan <kvijay AT vt.edu>
  • Cc: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Execution time for Charm++ applications
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 11:23:10 -0500

If you want to insert timing in your application code, you can use the CkWallTimer() function to get time values at the beginning and end of execution, and then take the difference to compute overall run time.

This does suggest that the text output at the end of Charm++ program execution could easily print out the overall run time as a convenience to the user. Thank you for the request; we'll try to get that implemented soon.