charm - Re: [charm] messages not being received

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] messages not being received

  • From: "Kale, Laxmikant V" <kale AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Robert Steinke <rsteinke AT uwyo.edu>, Charm Mailing List <charm AT cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] messages not being received
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 22:10:31 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I have a feeling that the underlying MPI implementation is running out of
some resource (#messages or buffer space).

What machine are you running on? How many nodes?

A good solution is to link in the TRAM library (but its experimental, and
under development) that automatically combines messages to reduce their
number.

It may be good to break the loop down into two levels: send a few hundred
messages, then send a single message to yourself to continue the process.
This way, you give a chance to the runtime system to call the MPI progress
engine.

‹ Sanjay

On 10/3/14, 4:46 PM, "Robert Steinke"
<rsteinke AT uwyo.edu>