charm - Re: [charm] Compiling Charm with Intel MPI

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Compiling Charm with Intel MPI

  • From: Jeff Hammond <jeff.science AT gmail.com>
  • To: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
  • Cc: Charm Mailing List <charm AT cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Compiling Charm with Intel MPI
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 15:33:37 -0700

Phil: Please do not apologize for the catastrophic failure of the MPI
Forum in not foreseeing this issue. It should have been solved 10
years ago with MPI::FILE_SEEK_SET (or something like that). One
should also blame C preprocessing for not respecting C++ namespaces,
which is the source of all sorts of absolutely disgusting problems.

In any case, doesn't "-DMPICH_IGNORE_CXX_SEEK" solve this trivially?
Of course it's nice if Charm++ handles it, but I would have thought
that users could work around immediately. I know this is discussed on
the ticket, but your response here seems to hedge as if that's not a
sufficient solution...

Best,

Jeff

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 3:21 PM, Phil Miller
<mille121 AT illinois.edu>