charm - Re: [charm] Compiling Charm with Intel MPI

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Compiling Charm with Intel MPI

  • From: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Jeff Hammond <jeff.science AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Charm Mailing List <charm AT cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Compiling Charm with Intel MPI
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 17:45:33 -0500

As long as MPI is the 800lb gorilla in this space, and is specified in a way that unfavorable implementations can break things for us, we don't really get to say "not our problem", or direct users to workarounds indefinitely. We're trying to ease adoption as much as possible, and that unfortunately means playing nice with other code that's varying degrees of broken.