charm - Re: [charm] problem with cpuTime

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] problem with cpuTime

  • From: Sabrina Bergoch <sabrinabms AT gmail.com>
  • To: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
  • Cc: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] problem with cpuTime
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 10:38:12 -0200

Hi Phil,

Thanks for information. But how could I pass this parameter (CMK_LB_CPUTIMER) to Charm++?

Sabrina

On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 6:31 PM, Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu> wrote:
To limit memory consumption of the load balancing statistics database, this field is only included conditionally:

// From src/ck-ldb/lbdb.h
typedef struct {
  LDObjHandle handle;
  LBRealType wallTime;
#if CMK_LB_CPUTIMER
  LBRealType cpuTime;   // <=====  Note that this is compiled conditionally
#endif
#if ! COMPRESS_LDB
  LBRealType minWall, maxWall;
#endif
  bool migratable;
  bool asyncArrival;
#if CMK_LB_USER_DATA
  LBObjUserData   userData;
#endif
  // An encoded approximation of the amount of data the object would pack;
  // call pup_decodeSize(pupSize) to get the actual approximate value
  CmiUInt2 pupSize;
  inline const LDOMHandle &omHandle() const { return handle.omhandle; }
  inline const LDOMid &omID() const { return handle.omhandle.id; }
  inline const LDObjid &objID() const { return handle.id; }
  inline const LDObjid &id() const { return handle.id; }
  inline void pup(PUP::er &p);
#if CMK_LB_USER_DATA
  void* getUserData(int idx)  { return userData.getData(idx); }
#endif
} LDObjData;