charm - [charm] Anyone using Cray CCE with Charm++?

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Anyone using Cray CCE with Charm++?

  • From: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Charm Mailing List <charm AT cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] Anyone using Cray CCE with Charm++?
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 15:51:48 -0600

Are any Charm++ application users compiling using the Cray CCE toolchain, rather than GNU, Intel, or PGI? If so, please speak up quickly.

The reason I ask is that Cray CCE up to the current 8.3 release has no support for C++11. We're planning on integrating a series of usability enhancements to Charm++ that fundamentally require C++11 support [1]. This means that Charm++ and applications will not compile with currently available versions of Cray CCE.

Cray has indicated that the next release, 8.4, will come out sometime this year and will have C++11 support. At that time, Charm++ should be able to use it again.

[1] http://charm.cs.uiuc.edu/gerrit/gitweb?p=charm.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/phil/cpp11

  • [charm] Anyone using Cray CCE with Charm++?, Phil Miller, 01/29/2015