charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] Building PETSc on top of Charm++'s AMPI

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] Building PETSc on top of Charm++'s AMPI

  • From: "Totoni, Ehsan" <totoni2 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Dominik Heller <dominik.heller1 AT gmail.com>, "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] Building PETSc on top of Charm++'s AMPI
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 17:58:10 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi Dominik,

I'm not aware of anyone who has tried PETSc on AMPI, but I don't think
compiling with AMPI is a problem.

AMPI implements all of MPI 1.1 standard as far as I know. Have you
encountered any function that isn't implemented in AMPI?

A potential problem is that PETSc might not be thread-safe (it might have
global variables). Multithreaded execution is required for getting most of
the benefits of AMPI (e.g. load balancing).

Bests,
-Ehsan

From:
ppl-bounces AT cs.uiuc.edu