charm - [charm] Charm++ and neurobiology and Python/Perl

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Charm++ and neurobiology and Python/Perl

  • From: Lorenzo Pesce <lpesce AT uchicago.edu>
  • To: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [charm] Charm++ and neurobiology and Python/Perl
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 09:48:00 -0500

I am sorry for asking this shotgun question. While I know that I could dig up
old emails and scour the web, I also know that at this point I don’t really
know what I am looking for, so all I am begging for is some pointers. :-)

I am building a neurosimulator. I wonder if anyone has experience with that
an charm++ (please don’t send me a list with Neuron, Nest, …. those are not
what I am looking for and I can explain why to anyone who is interested, but
it would seem off topic here). The problem, for what I need to do, is:
objects with very variable computational time, size and behavior, connected
to other objects with connections of variable speed (from light speed to
slow) all over the map (no fixed rhyme or reason in the connectivity).
Scale: from 1 to 20K cores.

Has anyone used a library of charm++ or a program under a perl or python
driver script?

Feel free to dismiss my questions as newbie nonsense. That would be a useful
feedback anyway.

  • [charm] Charm++ and neurobiology and Python/Perl, Lorenzo Pesce, 05/08/2015