charm - [charm] CkArrayMap::procNum()

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] CkArrayMap::procNum()

  • From: Jozsef Bakosi <jbakosi AT gmail.com>
  • To: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] CkArrayMap::procNum()
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 08:23:06 -0600

Hi folks,

I'm trying to create an array map for custom initial placement of chare array elements.

If I create my array with 1 element on a single PE, procNum() is called twice. If I create my array with 2 elements on 2 PEs, procNum() is called 3 times for array index 0 and 4 times for array index 1. Can someone explain the mchanism behind this?

Also, is this the procNum() function called many times or just at array creation, element migration? Is it okay to put some potentially expensive calculation in there?

Thanks,
Jozsef