charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] Using Charm AMPI

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] Using Charm AMPI

  • From: Leonardo Duarte <leo.duarte AT gmail.com>
  • To: Charm Mailing List <charm AT cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] Using Charm AMPI
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 02:52:37 -0500

Hello everyone,

Thanks a lot for all the answers.
You were right. The problem was the +pemap and +commap parameters.
Since I was not defining them, the same thread was been used for worker and communication.
Now my simple example that was spending 11 min is taking just 3 secs. I know I have to improve this a lot but the 11 min was too weird to be right.
I was seeking for some build or running command line mistake, and that was it.

Just for the record, I changed back to the PrgEnv-gnu since all of you said there is no reason to be slow.

Thanks you all for the help.

Leonardo.