charm - [charm] Fwd: [ppl] Regarding building charm++ to run with CUDA

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Fwd: [ppl] Regarding building charm++ to run with CUDA

  • From: Prateek Jindal <jindal2 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: charm AT cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: [charm] Fwd: [ppl] Regarding building charm++ to run with CUDA
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 09:26:47 -0600

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Wijayasiri,Malavi Pathirannahalage <adeeshaw AT ufl.edu>
Date: Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 6:41 PM
Subject: Re: [ppl] [charm] Regarding building charm++ to run with CUDA
To: Prateek Jindal <jindal2 AT illinois.edu>, "ppl-local AT lists.illinois.edu" <ppl-local AT lists.illinois.edu>, "core-ppl AT lists.illinois.edu" <core-ppl AT lists.illinois.edu>

Hi,

I am trying to use Charm++ on multiGPU machine. My requirement is to divide work load to GPU cards. I could not find any documentation regarding this.

I read the files in  hybridAPI in charm++ and as I understood there is no support available for my requirement. ( It can run many chares but all of them run on the same GPU device).

is my understanding correct? or is there a way to distribute work load among gpu devices using Charm++?

Thank you.