charm - [charm] Utility pointer-to-message wrapper for PUP?

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Utility pointer-to-message wrapper for PUP?

  • From: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: charm <charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] Utility pointer-to-message wrapper for PUP?
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 21:57:24 -0600

Is there a utility class along the lines of a smart pointer msg_ptr<T> that behaves like T* for Charm++ message types, but implements pup using CkPupMessage()? I found CkMarshalledMessage in charm++.h, but it seems way clunkier to work with. Very specifically, it cannot be used as a container element, because it explicitly does not define operator=.

if there isn't one, I guess I'll go implement it, but I'd like to hear if I can avoid that.

Thanks,

Phil

  • [charm] Utility pointer-to-message wrapper for PUP?, Phil Miller, 12/20/2015