charm - [charm] Could entry method argument type be a template argument?

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Could entry method argument type be a template argument?

  • From: 董理 <dongli AT lasg.iap.ac.cn>
  • To: charm AT cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: [charm] Could entry method argument type be a template argument?
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 09:48:30 +0800

Dear all,

I would like to know if the argument type of an entry method is a template
argument, how to deal with it? The following is a simplified example:

chare Foo {
entry void bar(<DataType> x); // <— How to express ‘DataType’?
};

template <typename DataType>
class Foo : public CBase_Foo {
public:
void bar(DataType x);
};

The reason why I am using template on chare object is that the user of my
codes can use different data type, such as double, int.

Best regards,
Li