charm - [charm] Charm++ MPI interoperation

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Charm++ MPI interoperation

  • From: Jozsef Bakosi <jbakosi AT gmail.com>
  • To: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] Charm++ MPI interoperation
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 18:12:57 -0600

Hi folks,

The manual says that "[c]odes and libraries written in Charm++ and MPI can also be used in an interoperable manner. Currently, this functionality is supported only if Charm++ is built using MPI, PAMILRTS, or GNI as the network layer (e.g. mpi-linux-x86_64 build)."

I am using a couple of MPI libraries in the following way:

* I have OpenMPI and build Charm++ on top of it using the mpi wrappers and the build architecture mpi-linux-x86_64.
* I do my MPI library calls from Charm++ chare groups, which are guaranteed to be one per PE.

This works great.

Now I'd like to get rid of the dependence on OpenMPI (or any MPI), if possible. For example, is it possible to build Charm++ and AMPI and make my app link to the AMPI libraries for their MPI calls instead of that OpenMPI's?

Thanks for your insights,
Jozsef

  • [charm] Charm++ MPI interoperation, Jozsef Bakosi, 03/26/2016