charm - [charm] Question about running charm++ application with distributed input data

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Question about running charm++ application with distributed input data

  • From: Qian Sun <sqianfly AT gmail.com>
  • To: Charm Mailing List <charm AT cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] Question about running charm++ application with distributed input data
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 12:32:16 -0400

Hi,

I was wondering if charm++ can support following scenario:

The required input data has already been distributed in memory across PEs, and for charm++ application, each PE only handles the input data in the local memory at the very beginning. It seems that I manually map chares to PEs.

Is there any issue for charm++ to support it? I guess the charm++ runtime should know the mapping between PEs and chares. So I should let charm++ know where the data is located? Is there any similar example I can refer to to implement such routine?

Any comments or suggestions are really appreciated! Thank you!

Regards,
Qian

  • [charm] Question about running charm++ application with distributed input data, Qian Sun, 04/06/2016