charm - [charm] Fwd: Build on mac os

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Fwd: Build on mac os

  • From: Jozsef Bakosi <jbakosi AT gmail.com>
  • To: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] Fwd: Build on mac os
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 12:09:35 -0600

Forgot to CC the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jozsef Bakosi <jbakosi AT gmail.com>
Date: Mon, May 9, 2016 at 12:09 PM
Subject: Re: [charm] Build on mac os
To: Jeff Hammond <jeff.science AT gmail.com>

Thanks, Jeff,

It turned out that my problem was that my charm++ build was picking up the system-wide clang and not the one I wanted it to.

This stackoverflow answer gave me a clue. My system-wide clang is most likely based on an older clang than 3.7 and this gave me the error.

The solution was to enable the correct newer clang that I installed via macports by 'port select clang mp-clang-3.8'. I needed this anyway, because I'm building on the mpi layer so I also need to correctly match the mpi wrappers with the underlying compilers.

Thanks,
Jozsef