charm - Re: [charm] Issues running with tracemode projections on an infiniband linux cluster

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Issues running with tracemode projections on an infiniband linux cluster

  • From: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: "Kolla, Hemanth NMN" <hnkolla AT sandia.gov>
  • Cc: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Issues running with tracemode projections on an infiniband linux cluster
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 15:26:57 -0500

Hi Hemanth,

On the verbs-*, netlrts-*, and net-* builds of the Charm RTS, charmrun
attempts to launch compute processes via SSH to the compute nodes.

If you're running on just a single node, you could use ++local to tell
it to just fork() processes within that node.

If you're running on multiple nodes, on a cluster with MPI configured
using a launcher such as mpirun, mpiexec, ibrun, srun, etc, have a
look at the documentation for options
* ++mpiexec
* ++mpiexec-no-n
* ++remote-shell
here:
http://charm.cs.illinois.edu/manuals/html/charm++/C.html#SECTION05321000000000000000

If your cluster has no such configuration already in place, you'll
need to make arrangements for passwordless SSH between whatever node
you launch jobs from and your compute nodes.

Phil

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 12:11 PM, Kolla, Hemanth NMN
<hnkolla AT sandia.gov>