charm - Re: [charm] Charm with Fortran

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Charm with Fortran

  • From: Sam White <white67 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Jozsef Bakosi <jbakosi AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "Carlson, Neil" <nnc AT lanl.gov>, "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Charm with Fortran
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 11:45:36 -0400

Yes, only 1-3D chare arrays are currently supported in f90charm. I see no philosophical reason for these restrictions (no singleton chares, groups, or nodegroups), it is simply an implementation detail. With modern Fortran and some development effort, f90charm could definitely be extended and improved. But, as far as I know, f90charm has not been touched in several years as our group's efforts at targeting Fortran have been invested in AMPI.

-Sam