charm - [charm] reduction to a member function on the same array/group

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] reduction to a member function on the same array/group

  • From: Jozsef Bakosi <jbakosi AT gmail.com>
  • To: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] reduction to a member function on the same array/group
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 11:04:51 -0600

Hi folks,

I have done typed reductions where all chare array (or group) elements contributed to a member function of a single chare (of an object different than the contributions originate). However, I'm not sure what happens if the target of the reduction is a member function of the same chare array (or group). Does the final aggregated result show up on every array (or group) element or just on one? I.e., will I get an all-to-all or an all-to-one? (I think the answer is the former, but I just want to make sure I understand it).

Thanks,
Jozsef