charm - Re: [charm] dummy_thread_chare

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] dummy_thread_chare

  • From: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Ronak Buch <rabuch2 AT illinois.edu>
  • Cc: Alexander Frolov <alexndr.frolov AT gmail.com>, "charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu" <charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] dummy_thread_chare
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 16:56:26 -0600

On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 4:39 PM, Ronak Buch <rabuch2 AT illinois.edu> wrote:

We've merged a patch (https://charm.cs.illinois.edu/gerrit/#/c/989/) recently that may fix this, it attributes time in resumed threads to the original thread.  Please give that a try and see if it helps for you.

Alex: I may have caused some confusion about this patch. It will give trace-back to what called those dummy_thread_ep, so it should be easy enough to tell for any particular case what entry method it was, but the statistical tools will all show the placeholder name. We're working on fixing the excessive appearance of that placeholder in a separate patch.

Phil