charm - Re: [charm] "Don't know how to run MPI program." at NERSC

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] "Don't know how to run MPI program." at NERSC

  • From: Jozsef Bakosi <jbakosi AT gmail.com>
  • To: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>, "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] "Don't know how to run MPI program." at NERSC
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 09:54:37 -0700

Thanks, and no rush with this. This is really a minor change for me and I can always run the suite manually.

On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 9:40 AM, Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu> wrote:
We have system-specific scripts for our bulk testing, but we haven't generally shipped them in the main code repository. On systems with their own process launchers, we have historically assumed that application developers/users should just use the system-appropriate launcher directly. Our charmrun wrapper scripts on those platforms are quite anemic, and really only suited for running the test suite.

Given that your use case for those scripts is pretty much exactly the same as ours, it seems that we should probably distribute those scripts someplace convenient so that our mutual efforts at automated testing can be shared. I'll see what I can do.