charm - [charm] Charm++ License for it's load balancers

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Charm++ License for it's load balancers

  • From: Rafael Keller Tesser <rktesser AT inf.ufrgs.br>
  • To: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>, "Kale, Laxmikant V" <kale AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Cc: Arnaud Legrand <arnaud.legrand AT imag.fr>, Philippe Navaux <navaux AT inf.ufrgs.br>, Dupros Fabrice <f.dupros AT brgm.fr>, "Lucas M. Schnorr" <schnorr AT inf.ufrgs.br>
  • Subject: [charm] Charm++ License for it's load balancers
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 14:56:52 -0200

Greetings,

I have presented my work on a load balancing simulator based on AMPI
in the Charm++ Workshop, last April.

Now, I have submitted this work to a conference, and my co-authors and
I would like to provide the simulator's code under and open-source
license, because we want to support open science.

The problem is, however, that this simulator includes two modified
load balancers from Charm++ (RefineLB and GreedyLB). We could not
understand from the Charm++' license if we are allowed to open-source
our code including these load balancers.

Could you please clarify this issue?
If not possible, is there some way to get an authorization to publish this
code?
Otherwise, could you suggest an alternative approach?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Rafael Keller Tesser