charm - [charm] nodelist help

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] nodelist help

  • From: <alberto.ortiz09 AT gmail.com>
  • To: charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: [charm] nodelist help
  • Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2017 11:35:06 -0600

Hi,
Once managing to build AMPI on the Zynq device (dual-core ARM with ArchLinux)
I am trying to carry out some experiments communicating it with a Virtual
Machine running on Ubuntu-Linux.
When using OpenMPI I had to specify the hosts in which to run the program with
a hostfile, writting the IP addresses in the file and stablishing passwordless
and passphraseless SSH.
I have seen the SSH part is the same (as expected) so I have verified the SSH
connection with the remote hosts. In case of the hostfile, I have read that if
using AMPI I need a nodelist file.
I have created one but I think I am doing it wrong. The file I created is like
this:

group VM ++shell ssh
host 192.168.1.236
host 192.168.1.235
group main
host localhost

The IP ending in .235 corresponds to localhost and I am running the program
with:
./charmrun ++nodelist hosts ++nodegroup VM +p2 ./ampi_hello +vp4

The thing is I want to deploy the execution of the program in both localhost
(235) and the remote host (236), but I don't know if it is done like this. The
next step will be launching the program in an octa-Zynq cluster, being
launched by the Virtual Machine or by one of the Zynq devices, so I really
need to know how to handle the nodelist file.

Thank you in advance for your continuous support and great regards,
Alberto.