charm - [charm] Urgent : Queries Regarding Charm++

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Urgent : Queries Regarding Charm++

  • From: Raghuvar Prajapati <201351003 AT iiitvadodara.ac.in>
  • To: charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu, charm-commit AT lists.cs.illinois.edu, charmpublicity AT lists.cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: [charm] Urgent : Queries Regarding Charm++
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 15:17:52 +0530

Hello,

I am working on the charm++ parallel programming framework for my Undergrad project and I am facing some problems and want to know more about it. So, can you people help me out with these queries?

1. Does charm++ works in the heterogeneous environment?
 2. Can we run charm++ programs in different machines having different architecture simultaneously?
3. What are the parallel programming components that we can deviate in charm++ programs like:

(a)    Cache Size (L1/L2 cache), Memory Hierarchy.
(b)    Processing power.
(c)    RAM size.
 (d)   Number of core.

4. If we can accomplish the third step then how (basic idea)?

5. Can we deploy or run Charm++ programs in Smart-phones?

Basically, we want to run an application on distributed mobile environment (distributed mobile).
So is it possible to do the same using charm++ programs?

Regards.
Raghuvar Prajapati
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Vadodara
Final Year, B.Tech (CSE)