charm - [charm] [Charm] Proper way to write parallel centralized load balancers

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] [Charm] Proper way to write parallel centralized load balancers

  • From: Alexandre Santana <alexandre.limas.santana AT gmail.com>
  • To: charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: [charm] [Charm] Proper way to write parallel centralized load balancers
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 15:42:58 -0300

Hello,

I'm a new user on Charm++. I'm currently trying to write my first load balancers with the framework. Currently, I'm trying to parallelize a centralized dummy load balancer and I would like to know what is the best practice in doing so. As far as I could understand the Load Balancer Framework, centralized balancers would finish their strategy after returning from the work method. Is there a way to reliably divide load balancing computation between local chares without having to commit to a distributed load balance strategy?

Att,
Alexandre Santana