charm - [charm] Querying Hardware Topology Information

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Querying Hardware Topology Information

  • From: Chris Wailes <chris.wailes AT gmail.com>
  • To: charm <charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] Querying Hardware Topology Information
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 18:17:30 -0400

I would like to build a topology graph for arbitrary machines, down to the processing element level, that includes latency and bandwidth information.  From the example programs and the existing load balancing strategies I found the TopoManager class, but it appears that this can only be used if the machine in question is a Cray or IBM BlueGene machine.  In addition, it doesn't appear to have the bandwidth or latency information I need.

Is there another API or tool I can use to obtain this information, or do I need to discover these properties outside of Charm++?

- Chris