charm - Re: [charm] PAPI Counters during Charm Build

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] PAPI Counters during Charm Build

  • From: Evan Ramos <evan AT hpccharm.com>
  • To: charm AT cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: Re: [charm] PAPI Counters during Charm Build
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 12:36:10 -0500

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 12:16 PM, Anirudh Manoj
<anirudh AT hpccharm.com>
wrote:
> Hey Charm++,
>
> I was going through the Projections Manual and wanted to get Performance
> Counters into the log files. In section 2.3.12, it says I should enable the
> papi option. However, I don't know where I should be doing that - is that a
> build option or a test option?
>
> Regards,
> Anirudh

Hi Anirudh,

By grepping the source tree, I find that it is a build option.

README:* papi - enable PAPI performance counters.
README:Supported options: bigemulator bigsim causalft clustermatic g95
gfortran ifort lcs local mlogft omp ooc papi persistent pgf90 pxshm
scyld smp syncft sysvshm tcp tsan turing
build: echo 'help smp omp tcp bigemulator ooc syncft mlogft causalft
papi pthreads'
build: echo ' papi compile with PAPI performance counter
support (if any)'

For example: ./build charm++ verbs-linux-x86_64 papi

Best,
--
Evan A. Ramos
Software Engineer